Our training is split into seven units:
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol. You can then start straight away and progress through the training when and where you wish, with support from experienced tutors by phone and email. You will also be able to complete a selection of assignments throughout your course that you can then submit for tutor feedback.
To achieve the qualification, you will need to successfully complete a portfolio and recorded practical sessions of you giving a personal training session to a client.
To gain the NCFE Level 3 qualification, you will need to successfully:
- Complete assessments at the end of each unit to create a portfolio.
- Submit recorded practical sessions (for example, in DVD format) where you plan and train a client, and demonstrating the required competences for creating personal training programmes. A qualified person will need to be present during the training session.
Please click here
for NCFE registration fees.
To help you succeed with your training, you will receive:
- A comprehensive course manual that you can complete at your own pace
- Tutor marked assignments with constructive feedback
- Support from experienced tutors
- Access to our dedicated student support team
- Eligibility for an NUS Extra card
This course can take from just 10 weeks to complete1.
You are able to start this course when you want and continue training at your own pace.
1 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation. Selecting the instalment payment method may mean the course is spread over more weeks. The total qualification time is expected to be 360 hours.
Successfully complete this course and you will:
- Achieve the NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training qualification
- Be able to join CIMSPA
You can contact our experienced tutors by phone and email during your training to have your questions answered and further develop your knowledge of personal training.
You will also receive tutor feedback on the assignments that you submit.
Regular exercise is vital to our health and wellbeing. Adults are advised to complete 150 minutes of moderate intensity activity or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity activity every week1.
As a personal trainer, you will be able to work with individuals or small groups, setting targets for your clients, creating specialised personal training programmes and supporting them to achieve results. You can4:
- Educate, motivate and coach clients to help them follow their programmes safely and effectively
- Give clients advice on health, nutrition and lifestyle changes
- Create and guide clients through tailored workouts
- Check and record clients' progress
You can earn money from your enjoyment of health and fitness, and meet and work with a wide variety of interesting people.
When you have successfully completed this course:
- You could work for a gym as a personal trainer, guiding and motivating clients to achieve their fitness goals
- You could become a freelance personal trainer, with the freedom to choose your hours and earning potential
- You will be able to join CIMSPA. CIMSPA membership recognises your professional status, helps you achieve your career ambitions and gives you a range of additional benefits5.
- You will have the prerequisite qualification required to enrol on our specialist conditioning for sports CPD courses
Enrol now from £46
There are 5 ways you can enrol on this course:
- Pay the total course fee of
£595 £475* in one sum and receive a Free NUS/Totum card
- Pay a deposit of just £46*, followed by 11 instalments of £39 - total you pay
* Please click
for Level 3
NCFE registration fees.
Enrol on both our NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing and NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training courses at the same time and save £245.
There are 3 ways to enrol:
- Pay the total course fees of
£990 £745* in one sum and receive a Free NUS/Totum card. Plus, you can also get a CPD course worth £195 - free**
- Pay a deposit of just £43*, followed by 18 instalments of £39 - total you pay
* Please click
for Level 2
, or click
for Level 3
NCFE registration fees.
** Free CPD course is only available when you enrol on both the Level 2 and Level 3 courses at the same time and choose to pay in one sum (not deposit and instalments). You will be able to select your free CPD course after you enrol on the Level 2 and Level 3 courses at the same time. To start the CPD course, you will need to successfully complete the NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.